- 2 Sets of Plans, Checklist Sign and the application form completely (both sides) and a fee of $25.00 for Plan review. Application requirement must be submitted 30 days in advance before Building Permit can be issued.
- 2 SETS of N.Y. State Stamp Blueprints of all construction and additions. Plumbing, heating, electrical, stairs, window schedule and cross section of structure must be drawn on plans. Design loads, Snow loads and Wind loads must be calculated and submitted alone with the Application.
- Modular Homes: 1 set of the structure; 2 sets of NYS Stamp Foundation Plans (ones in house pack is not acceptable).
- NYS Energy Conservation Analysis (MECcheck) or Prescription Form must accompany all blue prints.
- Contractor must have New York State Insurance Proof Forms for Compensation and Disability Benefits. No Building Permit will be issued without a copy of these forms.
- Proof of ownership of property, a copy of your deed and any deed restrictions.
- Plot Plan showing size, use, location of property. Along with set back and dimensions distances of the proposed structure, well, and septic system will be located on the site.
- Perk Test: Perk test has to be performed by a Professional Engineer only. All Systems need plans, Septic System Drawing: Layout of lines with cross section of the system. Perk of 45 min. or more must have design plans from a Professional Engineer. Design System must have first been approved by N.Y. State Health Dept.
- Well Certification: (D.E.C. Form) Well Completion Report with a certified flow test: water source has the capability of providing water at a sustainable rate of least 5 gal. Per min. and a certificate of water purification from a N.Y. State Certified Laboratory.
- When hooking up to Water Service and Sewage Service, you must notify the Codes Officer for permit and Plumbing Inspector must be present at the time of tapping.
- Need to know estimated value of dwelling.
- No changes to plans or onsite without Codes Department Stamp on Blueprints (both copies) before construction.
** All ** of the above must all be completed in order to receive a building permit.
Issuing 911 Address Number
Herkimer County will measure your property and issue a 911 number address.
- Place a stake with an orange top at the roadside with your name on it.
- This stake should be placed at the road, where the center of your house will be.
- Once the building permit is issued a copy is sent to Herkimer 911 Center. This stake has to be placed at the roadside that day. He will not make numerous trips out to measure and assign your number.
- This office will call you with your 911 address number in 3 to 4 days.
Donald Ehre, PE
4 Oxford Crossing, Suite 102
New Hartford, NY 13413
Rita Carlson, PE
1119 Rose Valley Rd
Cold Brook, NY 13324
Mark Gaworecki, PE
J.R. Putnam Industries
Jon R. Putman, PE
120 Putnam Estates Drive
Frankfort, NY 13340
HC 69 Box 45
West Winfield, NY 13491
PO Box 204
Whitesboro, NY 13492
Charles Walz IV